Top Schools and Colleges for Training Specialists in Arkansas 2023
- University of ArkansasFayetteville, ARIn-State Tuition: $9,574Students Enrolled: 24001
- Harding UniversitySearcy, ARIn-State Tuition: $22,230Students Enrolled: 3262
- University of Central ArkansasConway, ARIn-State Tuition: $9,563Students Enrolled: 7763
- Arkansas Tech UniversityRussellville, ARIn-State Tuition: $7,900Students Enrolled: 6467
- Henderson State UniversityArkadelphia, ARIn-State Tuition: $7,560Students Enrolled: 2205
Training Specialist Salary in Arkansas for 2023
Average Annual Salary: $45,390 Hourly Rate: $21.82
Data sourced from the U.S. Department of Labor via the ONET Web API. Updated at December 8, 2023
Reasons For Becoming a Training Specialist in Arkansas
Schools Offering Training Specialist Programs in Arkansas
- University of Arkansas: Offers a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Training Specialist program. This program focuses on developing skills in instructional design, curriculum development, and adult learning theory. Students can choose from various specializations such as corporate training, e-learning, or educational technology.
- Arkansas State University: Provides a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Training Specialist program. This program emphasizes the foundations of training and development, instructional strategies, and needs assessment. Students gain practical experience through internships and hands-on projects.
- University of Central Arkansas: Offers a Master of Science (M.S.) in Training Systems program. This program prepares students to become effective trainers in various settings, including corporate, government, and non-profit organizations. The curriculum covers topics such as training evaluation, performance improvement, and instructional technology.
Certification Programs for Training Specialists in Arkansas
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP): Offered by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), this certification is recognized globally and validates a training specialist's knowledge and skills in the field. It requires passing two exams that assess competency in instructional design, training delivery, and evaluating learning impact.
- Certified Professional Trainer (CPT): Offered by the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), this certification demonstrates expertise in instructional design, facilitation, and evaluation of training programs. Candidates must pass an exam that evaluates their knowledge and application of training principles.
- Certified Training Professional (CTP): Offered by the Training Industry, Inc., this certification is designed for professionals who have at least three years of experience in training and development. Candidates must complete a comprehensive application that includes providing evidence of their experience and passing an exam.
Benefits of Pursuing a Career as a Training Specialist in Arkansas
- High demand: With the continuous need for skilled trainers in various industries, there is a high demand for training specialists in Arkansas. This provides excellent job opportunities and career growth potential.
- Fulfilling work: As a training specialist, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on individuals and organizations by helping them develop new skills and improve performance. This can be personally rewarding and fulfilling.
- Competitive salary: Training specialists in Arkansas can earn competitive salaries, especially with advanced degrees and certifications. The average annual salary for training specialists in Arkansas is around $55,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Continuous learning: The field of training and development is constantly evolving, offering opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth. As a training specialist, you can stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Diverse career options: Training specialists can work in various sectors such as corporate training departments, educational institutions, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. This provides flexibility and the chance to explore different industries and settings.
- Networking opportunities: Joining professional associations and attending conferences and workshops in Arkansas can help you build a strong professional network, connect with like-minded individuals, and stay informed about industry trends.
Remember, becoming a training specialist requires dedication, continuous learning, and practical experience. By choosing a reputable school or certification program in Arkansas, you can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in this rewarding career.
Schools and Programs for Training Specialists in Arkansas
Arkansas offers a range of educational institutions and programs that can help you pursue a career as a Training Specialist. Here are some key points to consider:
1. University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers a Bachelor of Science in Education with a specialization in Training and Development. This program focuses on the principles of adult learning, instructional design, and workplace training. It provides a solid foundation for those interested in becoming Training Specialists.
2. Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University offers a Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Training and Development. This program is designed to prepare individuals for leadership roles in corporate training, human resource development, and adult education. It covers topics such as instructional design, needs assessment, and program evaluation.
3. University of Central Arkansas
The University of Central Arkansas offers a Bachelor of Science in Education with a major in Workforce Development. This program focuses on preparing students for careers in workforce training and development. It covers topics such as curriculum development, instructional strategies, and organizational development.
4. Northwest Arkansas Community College
Northwest Arkansas Community College offers an Associate of Applied Science in Training and Development. This program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to work as Training Specialists in various industries. It covers topics such as instructional design, training delivery, and assessment.
Certifications for Training Specialists in Arkansas
Certifications can enhance your credentials as a Training Specialist and demonstrate your expertise in the field. Here are some certifications that you may consider pursuing:
1. Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
The CPLP certification offered by the Association for Talent Development (ATD) is a globally recognized credential for Training Specialists. It requires passing a comprehensive exam that assesses knowledge and skills in instructional design, training delivery, and evaluation.
2. Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM)
The CPTM certification offered by Training Industry is designed for Training Specialists who are responsible for managing and leading training programs. It covers topics such as strategic planning, budgeting, and talent development.
3. Certified Training Professional (CTP)
The CTP certification offered by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) focuses on the use of technology in training and education. It validates skills in instructional design, e-learning development, and assessment.
4. Certified Professional in Online Learning (CPOL)
The CPOL certification offered by the Learning Resources Network (LERN) is specifically designed for Training Specialists who specialize in online learning. It covers topics such as online course design, facilitation, and learner engagement.
Remember to research the specific requirements and eligibility criteria for each certification before pursuing them. Certification can demonstrate your commitment to professional development and enhance your career prospects as a Training Specialist in Arkansas.
Online Resources for Becoming a Training Specialist in Arkansas
If you're interested in becoming a Training Specialist in Arkansas, there are several online resources available to help you get started. These resources provide valuable information about schools, programs, and certifications that can enhance your skills and knowledge in this field. Here are some of the top online resources to consider:
- The Arkansas Trainers Association (ATA) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting excellence in training and development. Their website offers information about upcoming events, networking opportunities, and resources for aspiring Training Specialists in Arkansas.
- UCA offers a Training Specialist Certificate program that focuses on developing the skills necessary to design, implement, and evaluate training programs. This online program provides flexibility for working professionals and covers topics such as adult learning theory, instructional design, and assessment methods.
- The UAEX Training Solutions program offers a variety of online courses and resources for individuals interested in becoming Training Specialists. These courses cover topics such as needs assessment, instructional design, and technology integration.
- The ATA offers a certification program for Training Specialists in Arkansas. This certification validates your expertise in the field and can enhance your job prospects. The certification process includes an application, documentation of experience, and a written exam.
- Coursera is an online platform that offers a wide range of courses related to training and development. They partner with top universities and institutions to provide high-quality, self-paced learning opportunities. Some relevant courses for Training Specialists include "Instructional Design and Technology" and "Training and Development."
- LinkedIn Learning offers a vast library of online courses on various topics, including training and development. These courses are taught by industry experts and cover essential skills such as instructional design, facilitation techniques, and evaluating training effectiveness.
Remember, these online resources can provide valuable insights and knowledge to help you become a successful Training Specialist in Arkansas. Take advantage of these resources to enhance your skills, expand your professional network, and stay updated on the latest trends in training and development.