Training Specialist Salary in Alaska for 2023
Average Annual Salary: $65,270 Hourly Rate: $31.38
Data sourced from the U.S. Department of Labor via the ONET Web API. Updated at December 8, 2023
Training Specialist Career in Alaska: Reasons for Becoming a Training Specialist
If you have a passion for teaching and helping others develop new skills, becoming a Training Specialist in Alaska can be a rewarding career choice. Alaska offers a unique environment for training professionals, with its diverse industries and strong emphasis on workforce development. Here are some compelling reasons to consider pursuing a career as a Training Specialist in Alaska:
1. Thriving Training Industry
Alaska has a thriving training industry, with numerous opportunities for Training Specialists to make a meaningful impact. The state's diverse economy, which includes sectors such as oil and gas, tourism, healthcare, and education, creates a high demand for skilled trainers who can provide specialized training programs.
2. Abundance of Training Programs and Schools
Alaska is home to several reputable schools and training programs that offer relevant courses and certifications for aspiring Training Specialists. These institutions provide comprehensive training in instructional design, adult learning theories, curriculum development, and other essential skills needed to excel in this field.
3. Hands-on Learning Opportunities
As a Training Specialist in Alaska, you'll have access to unique hands-on learning opportunities that can enhance your training expertise. From conducting wilderness survival trainings to delivering safety workshops in remote areas, Alaska offers a diverse range of settings where you can apply your skills and knowledge.
4. Competitive Salaries and Job Growth
The field of training and development is projected to experience steady growth in the coming years. As Alaska continues to invest in workforce development initiatives, the demand for skilled Training Specialists is expected to rise. This increased demand often translates into competitive salaries and attractive job prospects for professionals in this field.
5. Opportunity for Collaboration
Alaska's close-knit community fosters collaboration among professionals in the training industry. Networking events, conferences, and associations provide ample opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals, share best practices, and learn from experienced Training Specialists.
6. Make a Difference in Alaska's Workforce
By becoming a Training Specialist in Alaska, you can play a vital role in shaping the state's workforce. Your expertise will contribute to the development of highly skilled individuals who can drive economic growth and meet the unique challenges faced by Alaska's industries.
7. Continuing Education and Professional Development
Alaska emphasizes the importance of continuing education and professional development for Training Specialists. By staying updated on the latest training methodologies, technologies, and industry trends, you can enhance your skills and remain competitive in the job market.
8. Access to Funding and Grants
Alaska offers various funding opportunities and grants to support training initiatives. As a Training Specialist, you may have access to these resources to develop innovative training programs or further your own professional development.
In conclusion, becoming a Training Specialist in Alaska offers numerous advantages, including a thriving training industry, abundant training programs and schools, hands-on learning opportunities, competitive salaries, collaboration prospects, the ability to make a difference in Alaska's workforce, access to continuing education and professional development, as well as funding opportunities. Pursuing this career path can provide you with a fulfilling and impactful role in the training industry in Alaska.
Schools and Programs for Training Specialists in Alaska
Alaska offers a range of schools and programs that can help aspiring individuals become successful Training Specialists. These educational institutions provide the necessary knowledge and skills required to excel in this field. Here are some of the top schools and programs in Alaska:
- University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA):
- UAA offers a Bachelor of Arts in Education with a concentration in Training Specialist.
- The program focuses on instructional design, adult learning theories, and training program evaluation.
- Students gain practical experience through internships and field placements.
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF):
- UAF offers a Master's degree in Adult Learning and Development.
- This program equips students with the essential skills to design and deliver effective training programs.
- Courses cover topics such as needs assessment, curriculum development, and instructional strategies.
- Alaska Pacific University (APU):
- APU offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a concentration in Organizational Behavior.
- This program emphasizes the understanding of human behavior within organizations, including training and development.
- Students learn about training program design, adult learning principles, and training evaluation.
Certifications for Training Specialists in Alaska
Obtaining relevant certifications can enhance your credibility as a Training Specialist. Here are some certifications that can benefit professionals working in Alaska:
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP):
- Offered by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), CPLP certification validates expertise in designing, delivering, and evaluating training programs.
- The certification requires passing an examination that assesses knowledge and skills across ten areas of expertise.
- Certified Professional Trainer (CPT):
- Offered by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), CPT certification focuses on technology integration in training and instructional design.
- The certification requires passing an examination that tests proficiency in instructional design, adult learning, and technology tools.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR):
- Offered by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI), PHR certification demonstrates knowledge and skills in various HR functions, including training and development.
- The certification requires passing an examination that covers topics such as employee development, training delivery methods, and learning evaluation.
It's important to note that certifications are not mandatory to work as a Training Specialist in Alaska. However, they can significantly enhance your professional profile and increase job opportunities.
Remember, pursuing a degree or certification is just the beginning of your journey as a Training Specialist. Continuous professional development through attending workshops, conferences, and staying updated with industry trends is essential for success in this field.
List of Online Resources For Becoming a Training Specialist in Alaska
If you're interested in becoming a Training Specialist in Alaska, there are several online resources available to help you get started. These resources offer valuable information about schools, programs, and certifications that can enhance your career prospects. Here is a list of online resources to guide you on your path to becoming a Training Specialist in Alaska:
- Alaska Job Source: Visit this website to explore job opportunities for Training Specialists in Alaska. It provides comprehensive listings of current openings, allowing you to get an idea of the demand for professionals in this field.
- University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA): UAA offers a variety of relevant programs and degrees, such as the Bachelor of Arts in Education with a concentration in Training and Development. This program equips students with the necessary skills to excel as Training Specialists.
- University of Alaska Southeast (UAS): UAS provides an online Master of Education in Online Innovation and Design program. This program focuses on instructional design and technology, which are crucial aspects of training development. Completing this degree can enhance your expertise as a Training Specialist.
- Alaska Procurement Technical Assistance Center (APTAC): APTAC offers various training programs and workshops that can benefit aspiring Training Specialists. They provide resources to help you develop skills related to government contracting, which is a valuable area of expertise for trainers working with government agencies or contractors.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): SHRM offers professional certifications that can boost your credibility as a Training Specialist. Their certifications, such as the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), demonstrate your knowledge and proficiency in the field.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD): ATD provides resources, webinars, and networking opportunities for professionals in the training and development field. Becoming a member of ATD can give you access to valuable tools and connections that can help you succeed as a Training Specialist.
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF): UAF offers an online Master of Education in Online Innovation and Design program. This program focuses on instructional design and technology, which are crucial aspects of training development. Completing this degree can enhance your expertise as a Training Specialist.
These online resources provide a wealth of information and opportunities for aspiring Training Specialists in Alaska. Take advantage of these resources to gain the knowledge, skills, and certifications necessary to excel in this rewarding career.