Top Schools and Colleges for High School Career Teachers in West-virginia 2023
- West Virginia UniversityMorgantown, WVIn-State Tuition: $8,976Students Enrolled: 18878
- Wheeling UniversityWheeling, WVIn-State Tuition: $29,290Students Enrolled: 599
- Shepherd UniversityShepherdstown, WVIn-State Tuition: $7,784Students Enrolled: 2299
- Marshall UniversityHuntington, WVIn-State Tuition: $8,552Students Enrolled: 7175
- West Liberty UniversityWest Liberty, WVIn-State Tuition: $8,345Students Enrolled: 1653
Best Online Degree Programs for High School Career Teacher
High School Career Teacher Salary in West Virginia for 2023
Average Annual Salary: $49,590
Data sourced from the U.S. Department of Labor via the ONET Web API. Updated at December 8, 2023
Reasons For Becoming a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia
Are you passionate about helping high school students discover their career paths and prepare for the future? Becoming a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia could be the perfect career choice for you. Here are some compelling reasons why you should consider this fulfilling profession:
1. Making a Positive Impact
- As a High School Career Teacher, you have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of your students. You will guide them in exploring different career options, developing essential skills, and setting goals for their future.
- By providing guidance and support, you can help students make informed decisions about their education and career paths, ultimately setting them up for success.
2. Fulfilling the Demand for Career Education
- There is a growing demand for career education in West Virginia's high schools. With rapid technological advancements and evolving job markets, students need guidance to navigate the complexities of the workforce.
- By becoming a High School Career Teacher, you can play a vital role in preparing students for the ever-changing job landscape, equipping them with the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in their chosen careers.
3. Job Security and Growth Opportunities
- The field of education offers stability and job security, especially for specialized roles like High School Career Teachers. There will always be a need for professionals who can provide career guidance and support to students.
- In addition to job security, there are also opportunities for career advancement within the education sector. With experience and further qualifications, you can progress to leadership roles or take on additional responsibilities within your school or district.
4. Collaboration with Students, Parents, and Industry Professionals
- As a High School Career Teacher, you will work closely with students, parents, and industry professionals to ensure that students receive comprehensive career guidance.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with local businesses, industry experts, and community organizations to provide real-world experiences and internships for your students.
5. Access to Professional Development and Support
- West Virginia offers various professional development opportunities and resources for High School Career Teachers.
- Through workshops, conferences, and networking events, you can stay updated with the latest trends in career education and enhance your teaching skills.
- You will also have access to a supportive network of educators who are passionate about career guidance and can provide guidance and mentorship.
6. Contributing to West Virginia's Economic Growth
- By helping students explore different careers and develop the skills needed for success, you are contributing to West Virginia's economic growth.
- By ensuring that students are prepared for in-demand careers, you are helping to build a skilled workforce that can drive innovation and prosperity in the state.
Becoming a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia is a rewarding profession that allows you to make a difference in the lives of young individuals while shaping the future of the state. Take the first step towards this fulfilling career by exploring the schools, programs, and certifications available in West Virginia.
Schools for High School Career Teacher in West Virginia
If you aspire to become a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia, it is essential to choose the right school that offers the necessary education and training. Here are a few reputable schools in West Virginia that provide programs for aspiring High School Career Teachers:
- West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV)
- Marshall University (Huntington, WV)
- Shepherd University (Shepherdstown, WV)
- Concord University (Athens, WV)
- Fairmont State University (Fairmont, WV)
Career Programs for High School Career Teacher in West Virginia
West Virginia offers various career programs that can help you pursue a career as a High School Career Teacher. These programs provide the necessary knowledge and skills needed to excel in this field. Some of the popular career programs for High School Career Teachers in West Virginia include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Education - Career and Technical Education
- Master of Arts in Education - Career and Technical Education
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate - Career and Technical Education
Certifications for High School Career Teacher in West Virginia
Obtaining the appropriate certifications is crucial to becoming a qualified High School Career Teacher in West Virginia. The following certifications are required:
- West Virginia Professional Teaching Certificate
- Career and Technical Education Teaching Permit
To be eligible for these certifications, you must fulfill certain requirements set by the West Virginia Department of Education. These requirements typically include:
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in education or a related field
- Completion of an approved teacher preparation program
- Passing scores on the required Praxis exams
- Completion of a background check
Once you have met these requirements, you can apply for the necessary certifications through the West Virginia Department of Education.
List of Online Resources For Becoming a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia
If you are interested in becoming a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia, there are several online resources available to help you navigate the process. These resources provide valuable information about schools, programs, and certifications that can assist you in pursuing your career goals. Here is a list of online resources to get you started:
- West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE): The WVDE website is a great starting point for anyone interested in teaching careers in West Virginia. It provides information on state requirements, certification processes, and guidelines for becoming a High School Career Teacher.
- WVDE Certification: This section of the WVDE website offers detailed information about the certification process for teachers in West Virginia. It outlines the specific requirements for different types of teaching positions, including High School Career Teachers.
- West Virginia High School Career Technical Education: This page on the WVDE website focuses specifically on High School Career Technical Education (CTE) programs. It provides an overview of CTE in West Virginia, including information on curriculum frameworks, career clusters, and resources for teachers.
- West Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education (WVACTE): WVACTE is a professional organization dedicated to promoting career and technical education in West Virginia. Their website offers resources, professional development opportunities, and networking opportunities for High School Career Teachers.
- West Virginia Council of Teachers of English (WVCTE): WVCTE is an organization that supports English teachers in West Virginia. While not specific to High School Career Teachers, their website offers valuable resources, teaching strategies, and professional development opportunities for English educators.
- West Virginia Parent Teacher Association (WVPTA): The WVPTA is a statewide organization that promotes collaboration between parents, teachers, and students. Their website provides information on advocacy, events, and resources that can benefit High School Career Teachers and their students.
- Teach.com: Teach.com offers a comprehensive guide on how to become a teacher in West Virginia. It provides an overview of the certification process, alternative routes to certification, and resources for aspiring educators.
- Teacher.org: Teacher.org provides information on teacher certification requirements in each state, including West Virginia. Their website offers an in-depth look at the steps involved in becoming a High School Career Teacher, as well as resources for professional development and career advancement.
By utilizing these online resources, you can gain valuable insights into the requirements and processes involved in becoming a High School Career Teacher in West Virginia. Take advantage of the information available to you to help make your career aspirations a reality.